Sunday, July 26, 2009

What's In a Birthday?

Today is my birthday. I've had plenty of them. I'm not afraid of them, nor do I ponder my age. There was a time when I didn't even acknowledge my birthday, it just seemed pointless as I had no mother.
Age is a great thing. When it was pointed out to me that my birthday celebration isn't necessarily for me, but for other people, I agreed to start it all up again. It made sense, at the time, I was in my 20's.
I've come a long way since then. It's as if I crossed some sort of wide line. I now tell everyone that it's my birthday and the celebration seems to last weeks! I'm enjoying the long lunches and special desserts. I love the gift certificates for massages and manicures, as I have forbade any gift that isn't something that I can use up. You see I don't want anything that I need to dust, take care of or pay taxes on.
Today is my birthday:)

2 comments:

  1. I missed your bday :( Im soooo sorry what a flake of a friend i am.

    Please let me make up next week?? can we catch a dinner at stellas just you and me?

    Let me know -- love you! Claudia

    ReplyDelete