Thursday, July 9, 2009

What to do With a Sunny Day


After a long stretch of cloudy, rainy, cool days here in Montana the sun has decided to shine. There is yard work that needs to be done, flowers need to be dead-headed and the list goes on and on. As I mentally look at the list of must do's I look at the sunny sky and wonder `what would happen if I didn't do any of the things on my list today?'

And so I will give it a try. It's new for me, but I know I can do it. I have to make an airport run, some things wait for no one:) Then someone I recently met is coming over for a Reiki session, this is not work...this is just plain wonderful! I think lunch with an old friend around noon. Maybe a little nap. Oooops there goes the list making again. Some habits are difficult to break, but relatively harmless to keep. Still.

Sometimes we just need to cut ourselves a little slack. Tear the list in half:) It's still a beginning to change.

2 comments:

  1. Like your blog title: zenergy. Pretty necklace & earrings. Like brown and blue together in all its infinite varieties. Montana is one of my go to places.

    Interesting comment about lists. You're right we've become compulsive list makers instead of just meandering through our days. Hmmm. Is that being goal-centric to an extreme. (I cheat on my lists anyway ... adding things just to make sure I can check things off.)

    thx!

    G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! think I will do this today! JG

    ReplyDelete