Sunday, July 5, 2009

Spring Cleanup

We are spending this week in our `second home.' A yard begging for attention and the gardens, oh my. The dependable teenage neighbors see that we are mowed, but we save the gardens for us to work on when we can. After 2 days our backs and legs are sore and it looks like rain. How perfect.

I have a bird sanctuary in this yard. I have been working in it cleaning the birdbaths, setting up the mist so they can shower at will. Some of the apples from surrounding trees have fallen from the wind storms. Bark is raked and rearranged. The butterfly bushes stand tall and want fertilizer to bloom. Feeders are cleaned and waiting to dry before fresh seed is put back in. Of all the work, this is my favorite. It will take a few days for the birds to return, butterflies are waiting for the blossoms. The air smells different in their garden. The bees are buzzing here too, but everyone takes their turn utilizing all the interesting things here. Just watching all that goes on from my window is mesmerizing. All these wings flapping around makes my heart sing.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. I "felt" the garden with you. Lindsay N.

    ReplyDelete