Monday, July 6, 2009

One Man's Junk

I'm loaning my house out to my cousin's. They plan to stay here about a month, with their 3 kids. In preparation, among other things, my husband decided to clean up the garage. When he got done I noticed our 4 bikes in the back yard. He said we never rode them and he wasn't going to work around them anymore. However the city just ran a bike path near our house so now biking would be `do-able' now that we didn't have to dodge the cars and fear for our lives while getting exercise. He was not impressed with my logic. The next day my aunt came over and said `oh, do you mind if the kids use those bikes? They'll be great, they can ride safely from your house to mine on the new bike path!'

So you see. What one person considers junk the next guy can't wait to get his hands on. The lesson here is to give things away, not throw them away. Re-cycling and bi-cycling are both good ideas:)

No comments:

Post a Comment