Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Meaning of Friends

A friend is a valuable commodity. In my younger years I was attracted to them like crazy. The more friends you have the nicer you must be, right? As time goes on we realize that the number of friends that you have means nothing, but the quality of friends you have means everything.

I woke up on my 40th birthday and decided to get rid of the `dead wood' in my life. All the people that I kept in touch with and felt like the relationship was very once sided, I removed from my life. It was nothing that I said, it was simply that I wasn't going to pursue their friendship anymore. If they wanted me in their life, they would have to contact me. Well to my surprise, few did. And the people that were really my friends I continued to keep in touch with. But the list was darn few.

Now in my 50's I have fabulous friends. Some know me very well, and some know very little about my life. All they know is from the time I met them, and no details. They don't seem to care, nor have I asked them about their `pasts.' I like my old friends and we share good times and bad. The newer friends are in a different stage of their lives and life is simply better after a certain time.

Good people help you maintain your high vibration. Grumpy, complaining people bring your vibration down. Your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment