Tuesday, June 16, 2009

UP

Today my grandson and I went to the movie `UP.' It is a must see! Walt Disney has really outdone themselves. The story is about 2 very young people who want to set out on an adventure. As their lives go on they save for the experience, but something keeps happening and their piggy bank keeps supplying funds for other things. Finally the wife dies and the husband, in his old age, decides to set out on the plan they had made as children.
I couldn't help but identify, to some degree, with this cartoon. I asked myself how many times I have put off a plan in order to keep everything else in order? Am I still thinking about something that I have 'always' wanted to do but never felt like the time was `right'?
Something tells me that Walt Disney is hiding an adult movie in a kids show. Pretty sneaky, Walt.

No comments:

Post a Comment