Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Frustration is a Form of Mind Over Matter

I live in 2 different states...not including the state of mind:) Our second home, which we have been living in most of the time for the past 2 years, is no longer `necessary' and in preparation of selling it in the next year, we have had a market analysis done by our realtor. We just wanted to get some idea where we might `stand' when we sell. Who knows what will happen to the housing market between now and then, we just wanted to find out how hard the hit might be. I am quite surprised as my worst fear is not bad enough. Now what to do?
I have decided to compare this time to the 1980's when we built our first home and the bottom fell out of EVERYTHING. I was about 32 years old and this was our first mortgage. When reliving all the worry I had then, I suddenly realized 2 differences. I was now 20 years older and I was 20 years wiser. It's time to stop worrying and deal with it.
Perhaps this is the best advice I can give myself about most things. Fear clouds the reality of the situation. No matter what the final outcome is my state of mind is the most important thing. I can (1) make myself crazy or (2) I can make a plan. One will lower my vibration and make me more vulnerable, and the second will raise my vibration, my mood and put me into an action mode. Sometimes choosing #2 is a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment