Thursday, June 25, 2009

Even Mutts Have Look Alikes


A beautiful dog from the shelter rescued my family about 4 months ago. He is a very noticable canine in his red coat, curled tail and `regal' stature. Everywhere we walk him people ask about his breed. What can we say? "The shelter tells us that he is part red chow chow and part lab." We met a trainer one day who smiled and answered "the shelter always says dogs are are part lab." Many people have asked if `Happy' has a sibling as they would like a dog just like him.

Last weekend we went fishing and a couple came to the dock with a matching dog to our Happy. As soon as we saw each other the question came out of all our mouths "what is the breed of YOUR dog?" We all laughed. They had the same story as us "... and part lab."

Well I guess there's just no way to know and frankly we don't care. He brings joy and a high energy to our household. He is a great dog for my grandson too and we are coming along with training.

Now for a little background. My adult son, who is living with us currently, wanted a dog. We spend most of our time in our condo in Utah and my concern was that a dog wouldn't have enough room and no yard. I work a lot and wouldn't have time to walk him much. Well...needless to say, we got a dog. He is 2 years old and we were so amazed that he didn't bark, didn't chew up stuff, didn't bite. But he also didn't `come', didn't `sit', didn't `stay.' The one thing that he DOES do perfectly is sleep most of the time:) He is very `cat like.' I said to my son one day "Happy is perfect for us." To my surprise he said "I don't understand why you are so surprised. I have manifested Happy."

And so it goes. Happy is a perfect manifestation and we love him, whatever he is.
Now you know the rest of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment