Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What I Know Most About Life


Seems to me there is a book called `What I Know Most About Life, I Learned From My Dog.' Yes? No? Maybe it was just a t-shirt? Well, regardless we learn a lot from our animals. Just observing them without any contact is an amazing experience for both you and your pet. Your pet is relaxing just knowing you are nearby. You get to see how `in the moment' they live. Compare that to the way you live.

When your pet has an `encounter,' they seem to deal with it immediately and within a minute or so they have moved on to other things. What do you do when you have an `encounter?' Do you talk to yourself for days about it? Bring it up within a circle of friends? Remember it forever?

Observe your pet around other people or animals. Do they avoid certain ones? Do they seem to `latch' on to others? And how about you?

A lot of wisdom comes from these `simple minded' creatures we often refer to with such talk as `I have a rescue dog.' My reply when I hear that is `so do I, he rescued me just in the nick of time.'

No comments:

Post a Comment